Recipe - This has become a family fave, we really enjoyed the Richmond tomato and sausage pasta bake, it was great to have in for after a busy day too. However in light of the recent financial crisis, and with things only set to get worse, we decided to look for cheaper alternatives to our favourites without compromising on flavour.
I was surprised how nice this was and not only cheaper but healthier too.
- 1 pack of sausage (your choice) cooked and sliced
- 1 large carton of passata (we used morrisons own with added onion and garlic)
- 1 small tin of tomato puree (morrisons) approximately 3 generous tbl sp of a tube if preferred
- 1 large onion finely sliced
- 1 pack of cherry tomatoes (halved) would be fine without but we had them in and needed using, they worked well
- Water to add for desired consistency
- Any pasta you have, cooked in veg stock
For the sauce:
Heat a wide based pan with a drizzle of oil, add onions with a pinch of salt and cook until softened
Add the cherry tomatoes and cook for a further 2mins.
Add the tom puree and stir well, once combined stir in the passata until completely combined.
Add some water till you reach your desired consistency, add salt and pepper to taste and add the sausage, leave to simmer with the lid on for until your pasta is done and everything is piping hot, serve at will and enjoy.
I'm in no doubt this could be made cheaper still, im defo pleased with the outcome and will shop around 🙂.
Post a Comment