Recipe - Budget-friendly Sausage and Tomato Pasta Bake. This wallet-friendly and delicious alternative to your family favorite Richmond tomato and sausage pasta bake is not only cheaper but also healthier. Enjoy this recipe that maintains the flavor without compromising on your budget.
- 1 pack of sausages (your choice), cooked and sliced
- 1 large carton of passata (e.g., Morrisons own with added onion and garlic)
- 1 small tin of tomato puree (e.g., Morrisons), approximately 3 generous tablespoons or a tube if preferred
- 1 large onion, finely sliced
- 1 pack of cherry tomatoes, halved (optional, but great if you have them)
- Water, for desired consistency
- Any pasta you have, cooked in vegetable stock
For the Sauce:
- Heat a wide-based pan with a drizzle of oil.
- Add finely sliced onions with a pinch of salt and cook until softened.
- Add the halved cherry tomatoes and cook for an additional 2 minutes.
- Stir in the tomato puree and ensure it's well combined with the onions and tomatoes.
- Once combined, pour in the passata and stir until completely mixed.
- Adjust the consistency by adding water to reach your desired thickness.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Add the cooked and sliced sausages to the sauce.
- Leave the sauce to simmer with the lid on until your pasta is cooked and everything is piping hot.
Serve this budget-friendly and flavorful pasta bake at will. Feel free to explore even more cost-effective options and shop around for the best deals. Enjoy your tasty and economical meal! 🍝🍅🌿