Tonight’s dinner - curried chicken balls (frozen from Aldi) with egg fried dirty rice - could easily and cheaply boost this by adding extra veg, another egg, all the chicken or more rice to stretch further.
- 1.5 bags chicken (5 balls for 2 of us, 4 for the other 2-they’re really filling!) £3.23 (each pack is £2.15)
- 1/2 pepper 25p
- Bunch spring onions 49p
- Frozen peas large handful 40p
- Frozen sweetcorn large handful 40p
- 200g rice 31p
- 3 eggs 42p
- 2 tbsp each sweet chilli sauce, ketchup, soy sauce roughly 45p
- Oil and a teaspoon curry powder
Total around £5.95 for 3 adults and a sporty 17 yo so £1.49 each - delicious, quick to do and lots of protein and veg.