If your interested I have a bake for you. Old fashioned bread pudding. People have tried to make it fancy by adding things but it was never meant to be fancy it was meant to be cheap.
The way I make it is:
- 500g of wholemeal bread
- 600ml of the milk of your choice (i used oat to make it vegan)
- 250g of sultanas￼
- 100g of light brown sugar (if you don’t have it caster works absolutely fine)
- 2 tbsp of mixed spice
- 50ml of a non flavoured oil like vegetable oil
- Caster sugar for sprinkling on top
Set oven to 160 degrees
- Crumble bread into a large bowl
- mix in milk, mixed spice and sultanas￼ and set aside for 30mins
- mix in oil and sugar
- press in to a tin
- bake for 1 1/2 hours until a knife comes out clean
- when out sprinkle top with caster sugar, as much as you want
Can be eaten warm or cold.
I prefer it cold
I use lidils 37p bread
I used oat milk
If you want it thicker put it in a smaller tin. You can adjust mixed spice accordingly or use cinnamon
You can use dairy or dairy free milk.I use oat to make it vegan.
Post a Comment